Are you looking for horse grazing?
Stonehurst Farm offers a range of services to horse owners. With 50ha of managed grazing available plus a wide variety of farm trails including access to 250ha of neighboring farmland including a 5 km river boundary. Stonehurst offers a wonderful place to keep your horse.
- Three (3) all weather flood lit arenas
- 80m x 40m showjumping/dressage arena with jumps and viewing mound
- 30m round arena – (fine post peel surface)
- 18m round starting arena- (sand with high plywood sides)
- Grassed arena for jumping and training
- All purpose arena 65m x 35m – screened topsoil surface
Cattle available on request
- Fully fenced horse paddocks with permanent water supply and natural shelter
- Use of yards, holding and grazing paddocks
- Excellent parking, float area and access
- Some storage is available for gear and feed
- Long term float parking
- Wash-down area’s x 3
- Extensive farm riding
- Picnic area with picnic tables and outdoor fireplace
- Holding yards with access to the arenas and jumps & farrier area
- Kitchen available with fridge, microwave and tea/coffee making facilities
- Hay fed to each horse twice daily all year round
- Saved grass can be strip fed as required
- Fences, water supply and pasture maintained to a high quality
- Maure harrowed each week
- Horses checked twice daily, owner lives on site
- Individual feeding programmes available
- Handling/holding for vet/farrier/dentist etc
- Float hire
- Complete animal health and hoof care provided as required
- Vet, farrier and Dentist available on call
- Top instructors/trainers available to give lessons in English and Western riding
- Clinics held on the property
A club culture
A unique aspect of Stonehurst Farm horse grazing is the support and encouragement that is available. Whether you are very experienced or just getting into riding you will associate with like minded horse owners. There is a club culture developing that creates a lot of opportunities for fun, learning and good times with your horse.
We have a list of available riding instructors to suit all disciplines. All the arena’s are available for use although we have a booking system in place.
We have a variety of trails and places to ride, one hour scenic farm trail, riding down the private road to the river, through bush and in the summer swimming the horses and there is a nice 5km country road block with good, wide grass verges.
There is a 250ha adjoining farm called ‘Kaimanawa Hills’ that also provides extensive trails on a variety of terrain.