Are you looking for horse grazing?
Stonehurst Farm offers a range of services to horse owners. With 50ha of managed grazing available plus a wide variety of farm trails including access to 250ha of neighboring farmland including a 5 km river boundary. Stonehurst offers a wonderful place to keep your horse.
- 80m x 40m show jumping/dressage arena with jumps and viewing mound
- All purpose arena 65m x 35m – (screened topsoil surface)
- 30m round arena – (sand, railing sides)
- 18m round starting arena – (sand with high plywood sides)
- Extensive farm riding, 5kms river boundary
- Fully fenced horse paddocks with permanent water supply and most with natural shelter
- Holding yards with access to the arenas and jumps and farrier area
- Purpose built tack sheds 2.4 x 2.4m (can be shared between 2 clients)
– weather/rodent-proof, and lockable
- Excellent parking, float area and access
- Long term float parking
- Wash-down area’s x 3
- Picnic area with picnic tables and outdoor fireplace
- Kitchen available with fridge, microwave and tea/coffee making facilities
- Horses have their own paddock, securely fenced with permanent electric fencing
- Good quality meadow hay is supplied and fed out twice every day of the year – as much as your horse can eat
- Every horse is visually checked twice daily as part of the feeding out programme
- Moveable electric fencing is supplied to ensure a bank of saved feed can be strip grazed by the client or to restrict diet as required
- We maintain a powerful electric fence system, good quality stock water plus a tap to each paddock
- We harrow the paddocks regularly though some clients choose to muck out instead. We also help maintain pasture quality by grazing some friendly cattle across the horse paddocks periodically which also helps control weeds
- Individual feeding programmes can be arranged
- We have a float available for hire
- Your float can be stored in our float park
- You may bring your instructors or trainers to work with you in our facilities or in your paddock
Additional Services provided by arrangement:
- Feeding out of hardfeed
- Handling/holding for vet/farrier/dentist etc
- Extra care for your horse if you are away
A friendly culture
A unique aspect of Stonehurst Farm horse grazing is the support and encouragement that is available. Whether you are very experienced or just getting into riding you will associate with like minded horse owners. There is a friendly social aspect that creates a lot of opportunities for fun, learning and good times with your horse.
Our facilities are available for you to have lessons with an instructor of your choice. There are options for all levels and all disciplines. We currently have a qualified English Instructor agisting her horse here at Stonehurst who is offering lessons. To make a booking you can contact Lou Ironmonger on 021 047 0241.
We have a variety of farm trails and places to ride including riding through bush down to the river where you can swim your horse. There is a nice 5km country road circuit with good wide grass verges. Adjoining Stonehurst Farm is a 250ha hill country farm that provides extensive trails on a variety of terrain with a beautiful river boundary.